Sunday 25 March 2012

A change of direction ...

I have recently taken a job as a 'Movement Coach' for the 'Big Moves' program. I will be teaching sessions to 4-6 year olds in 35 different primary schools around Leicestershire, for courses of 6 weeks throughout the coming months. The 'Big Moves' is aiming to improve the children's fundamental movements and 'physical literacy' through a range of set movements and exercises, which will hopefully improve their learning capacity and performance at school. At first I just saw this as a great experience, a good income, a use of my training and another job in between auditions and my BAPP study. However, having completed my training days, I have become so inspired by the research and reason behind the program I have decided to use this as the basis for my inquiry...

I have been given the opportunity to make a difference! Not only through my job, but also by using this as a basis for my inquiry in order to inform others of it's affects!!!

3 comments:

  1. Lizzie, it sounds like a good move and great opportunity for an inquiry and plenty of material to work with plus feed back and help from the staff.
    If there is any connection with your previous inquiry subject you could merge the two unless of course they are completely differing subjects.
    Good luck
    Corinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lizzie,

    From this post I can tell that you are extremely passionate about this and therefore I think it is a great line of inquiry for you.

    I look forward to seeing your development and your research questions develop.

    Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really interesting Lizzie! I'd love to know more about it, is there a website??

    ReplyDelete